I just recently booked a short tour with this company and it was amazing! We went to Wayand and stayed at the Jungel Resort. David was so kind and had a lot of knowledge about wayanad. It was lovely to get some historic background while driving through it. We stopped at a coffee day (coffee place) and just had […]
If your passing through the area and only have a few days spare then we can offer a number of excellent packages that will enable you to get an overview of the area and its people.
We offer a Costal/Calicut focused tour or a Wayanad/Hills & Mountains focused package.
The best thing to do is contact us and let us know how many of you there is and how long you’ve got and we’ll make some suggestions. But to give you an idea of what can be packed into a few days have a look at the Itineary below.
This is from our Costal/Calicut Package.
Day 1 – Calicut/Kozhikode City
- Walk around Mananchira Square, towards SM Street.
- Shop for a dhoti (boys) or salwar kameez (girls) along SM street.
- Wear purchases to Arya Bhavan Restaurant for traditional tali on a banana leaf. (lunch)
- Taxi to Kuttichira quarter, guided tour around the quarter by a local authority on Mappila Muslim history and culture.
- Walk along beach-front (perhaps a drink along the way beach hotel story telling- British club).
- Dinner at Zain’s restaurant, traditional Mappila Muslim food.
Day 2 – Beypore/Bird Sanctuary
- Visit dhow-building shipyard, hear the history of this craft and the history of trade between Arabian, Malabar and the silk route. Zamorin’s navy also.
- Chance for chai and purchasing a replica
- Walk out to Dolphin Point along causeway
- Take a boat ride along coast/car ferry across river to Kadalundi Bird Sanctuary
- Taxi pick up for return to Calicut
Day 3 – Coconuts / Kappad / Sargaalaya Arts and Crafts Village (Irungal)
- Visit Sargaalaya Arts and Crafts Village
- Visit Turtle Beach for a packed lunch
- Drive to Kappad beach
- Relax on beach, watch sunset, drinks/dinner in resort restaurant.
- Return to Calicut
As always contact us for more info